- Verse-by-verse commentary of the entire the New Testament
- Written for the Christian seeking a deeper understanding of the New Testament as well as for teachers and pastors
- Theologically conservative with no knowledge of Greek necessary
- Expanded commentary from the Life Application Study Bible, the world’s bestselling study Bible
- Explores the major themes, issues, and doctrines that Christians are seeking to apply in their own lives.
The Life Application New Testament Commentary is filled with unique resources that focus on offering practical life applications for each passage of Scripture. Each application can be preached, taught, and immediately put into practice.
Each volume is broken into three sections:
Introduction - Starts the book off with an overview, historical context, cultural background information, major themes, a timeline, an overview map, and an explanation about the author and the audience.
Commentary - Running verse-by-verse commentary on the Bible text with reference to several modern versions, especially the NIV, NRSV, and the NKJV. Each passage comes with a teachable life application. Wordsearch hyperlinks make it easy to cross-reference verses and navigate all four gospels at the same time.
Reference- Filled with insights from various church leaders. Quotes from John Calvin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley, A.W. Tozer, and C.S. Lewis help communicate the life-changing truths of the gospel.
Along with each section, the Life Application New Testament Commentary is also filled with charts, diagrams, maps, and illustrations. On top of that, it offers personal help, teaching notes, and sermon ideas that address needs, answer questions, and provide insight for applying God’s Word to life today.
Increase your understanding of the New Testament with the Life Application New Testament Commentary.
Check out a sample of this series by clicking on the yellow “Sample” button under the book cover on this page.