- Contains over 2,100 profound quotations from founding fathers, presidents,
- constitutions, court decisions and more, nearly 700 sources in all
- Comes with the bonus book: Great American Documents.
- ECPA Gold Medallion Award Book, award finalist
- Nominated for a Freedoms Foundation George Washington Honor Medal
DO YOU KNOW WHO SAID THE FOLLOWING?
- "I believe that the next half century will determine if we will advance the cause of Christian civilization or revert to the horrors of brutal paganism."
- "Education is useless without the Bible."
- "Let every Student be plainly instructed, and earnestly pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and studies is, to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life."
- "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances ... could have been formed by natural selections, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."
- "Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time; the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence."
- "Whoever shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world."
- "If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under."
ANSWERS: 1. President Theodore Roosevelt 2. Noah Webster 3. Harvard University, 1642 4. Charles Darwin 5. Martin Luther King, Jr. 6. Benjamin Franklin 7. President Ronald Reagan
These astounding quotes are only a few of the thousands in America's God and Country: Encyclopedia of Quotations. This comprehensive 845-page reference tool includes over 2,100 quotations from nearly 700 sources highlighting America's noble heritage. Complete with footnotes and illustrations, this book is a valuable resource to individuals in any occupation or endeavor. No American reference library should be without this rich history book.
About the Author:
William J. Federer is an American historian and writer. His works include George Washington Carver - His Life and Faith in His Own Words, Treasury of Presidential Quotations,American Quotations, The Faith of FDR, The Ten Commandments and Their Influence on American Law, and others. Federer also has a daily radio show, The American Minute, which summarizes what happened on that day in history.