- The second most important book you'll ever read
- Over 4 million copies in print
Dr. Henrietta C. Mears' most famous work, What the Bible Is All About has influenced the lives of millions, including Christian leaders like the Rev. Billy Graham and Bill Bright. It gives a panoramic view of God's plan revealed in the Bible through clear, concise overviews of every book. With over 4 million in print it has become the world's best-selling Bible handbook. Mears' all-time classic has been fully updated and revised to include:
- Reading plans, maps, commentary and other study helps
- Historical background on every key event in the Bible
- How Jesus is revealed in the Old Testament
- Bible teaching suggestions
- An article on "How to Become a Member of God's Family"
- Glossary with clear definitions of Bible words
This collection also includes the following courses -
- What the Bible Is All About 101 - This book is a well-structured course on the first half of the Old Testament. The books of Genesis - Esther are examined more closely and divided into 13 weekly sessions you can use for personal or group study. These sessions contain charts, illustrations and handouts.
- What the Bible Is All About 102 - This 13-week course is a continuation of What the Bible is All About 101 and covers Job - Malachi, the second half of the Old Testament.
- What the Bible Is All About 201 - This book is a detailed 13-week course covering the first half of the New Testament, Matthew - Philippians.
- What the Bible Is All About 202 - This book is a detailed 13-week course covering the last half of the New Testament, Colossians - Revelation.
About the Author
Dr. Henrietta C. Mears was one of the great Bible teachers of the twentieth century. While Christian Education Director at the First Presbyterian Church of Hollywood, she built one of the largest Sunday Schools in the world and wrote curriculum that was in such high demand that to publish it she founded Gospel Light in 1933. Such notable Christian leaders such as Richard C. Halverson, Luis Evans Jr., and Bill Bright were among her students. Billy Graham said of Dr. Mears, "Her enthusiasm for the Lord Jesus Christ was contagious."
One of the greatest Christians I have ever known.