- Keyed to Strong's numbering system
- Most popular Hebrew Lexicon
- Features 8674 Hebrew definitions
- A must-have for Old Testament word studies
- A great companion to Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament
- Named by the R. C. Ryan Center for Biblical Studies as one of the Best Tools for Preaching and Teaching
- Named as one of the 850 Books for Biblical Expositors by the Master's Seminary
A trio of eminent Old Testament scholars: Francis Brown, R. Driver, and Charles Briggs spent over twenty years researching, writing, and preparing The Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon. Since it first appeared in the early part of the twentieth century, BDB has been considered the finest and most comprehensive Hebrew lexicon available to the English-speaking student. Based upon the classic work of Wilhelm Gesenius, the "father of modern Hebrew lexicography," BDB gives not only dictionary definitions for 8764 words, but relates each word to its Old Testament usage and categorizes its nuances of meaning. BDB's exhaustive coverage of Old Testament Hebrew words, as well as its unparalleled usage of cognate languages and the wealth of background sources consulted and quoted, render BDB and invaluable resource for all students of the Bible.
This unabridged lexicon contains the Strong's numbering system which will greatly increase the usefulness of this work by all serious students of the Bible, especially those who know little or no Hebrew.
This book also available within the following bundles:
BDB exhibits greater understanding of the nuances of Hebrew better than Koehler-Baumgartner, and provides indispensable tool in the biblical preachers workshop.