- Two New chapters on contemporary issues related to the doctrine of the Holy Spirit
All students of Scripture can benefit from this concise, practical study of the person and work of the Holy Spirit. All doctrinal essentials are here, clearly organized and explained by the renowned scholar who prepared the Ryrie Study Bible. Avoiding confusion and trendiness, Dr. Ryrie sticks uncompromisingly to the revealed Word of God to answer questions such as:
- What is "Spirit Baptism ?"
- What does it mean to be filled with the Spirit?
- Can you explain the spiritual gift of tongues?
- Do you understand sin against the Holy Spirit?
- Have you experienced true spiritual power?
In his warm and personal style, Dr. Ryrie helps you understand the person and work of the Holy Spirit. Learn how the Holy Spirit relates to creation, revelation and scripture.
About the Author
Charles Caldwell Ryrie (A.B. Haverford College; Th.M, Th.D, Dallas Theological seminary; Ph.D.,University of Edinburgh; Litt.D., Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary) is professor-emeritus at Dallas Theological Seminary and Distinguished Professor at Philadelphia College of Bible. He is annotator of the Ryrie Study Bible, Expanded Edition and author of many books, including Balancing the Christian Life, Basic Theology, and The Holy Spirit.
A brilliantly written, brief, complete study of pneumatology. Ideal for Bible study groups.