Get WORDsearch Basic for free.
- Features Notable Harbour In-Depth Studies, Notable Harbour Verese-by-Verse Studies, Notable Harbour Audio Sermons, Notable Harbour Quotations, and Notable Harbour Illustrations and Notable Harbour Doctrine Collection
This collection features the best of Brian's Lines from pastor Brian Harbour. Brian's Lines is a twenty-eight page journal published bi-monthly that serves as an excellent sermon resource for preaching. Each issue includes four full-length sermons, plus four sermon outlines from the Old Testament and four sermon outlines from the New Testament. Each issue also includes an on-going series of expanded outlines on a particular book of the Bible. Additionally, you'll find sparkling quotations, six pages of up-to-date illustrations, an essay on preaching, an essay on leadership, plus a book review that is relevant to the preaching ministry.
Notable Harbour Quotations features 753 Quotations arranged alphabetically by subject. Full bibliographical information on all quotes is included.
Notable Harbour Illustrations features 1345 Illustrations arranged alphabetically by subject. Full bibliographical information on all illustrations is included.
Notable Harbour Verse Studies features in-depth Bible Studies which have never been published outside of Brian's Lines. These are full-length studies that will provide detailed information to help you lead your studies. This collection includes:
- Galatians—Twenty full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on Galatians. Discover why there is no other Gospel except the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Ephesians—Twenty-three full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on Ephesians. Learn what it means to be sealed by the Spirit.
- Philippians—Eighteen full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on Philippians. Ascertain how to experience the contentment and confidence of the Christian life.
- Colossians—Eighteen full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on Colossians. Find out how to live a life that pleases God.
- 1 Timothy—Eighteen full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on 1 Timothy. Realize what it means to be a leader of the people of God.
- 2 Timothy—Fourteen full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on 2 Timothy. Recognize what a saint looks like.
- Titus—Eight full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on Titus. Discern how a Christian is to live in the church and in the world.
- James—Fifteen full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on James. Understand exactly what real faith looks like.
- 1 Peter—Twenty full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on 1 Peter. Remember how to get your hope back.
- 1 John—Nineteen full-length, verse-by-verse Bible studies on 1 John. Comprehend the part love plays in the Christian life.
Notable Harbour In-Depth Studies features Bible Studies that have been developed by Brian and provide a more in-depth look at each of these books:
- Joshua—Nine full-length, in-depth Bible studies on the book of Joshua. Increase your courage so that you can go wherever God is leading you.
- Romans—Seventeen full-length, in-depth Bible studies on Romans. Explore what is arguably the greatest book in the Bible.
- 1 Corinthians -Sixteen full-length, in-depth Bible studies on 1 Corinthians. Remember these great truths taught to a troubled church.
- 2 Corinthians -Fourteen full-length, in-depth Bible studies on 2 Corinthians. Learn how to grow in difficult life situations.
- 1 Thessalonians—Nineteen full-length, in-depth Bible studies on 1 Thessalonians. Remember why Christians do not have to grieve in the same way as those who have no hope.
- 2 Thessalonians—Ten full-length, in-depth Bible studies on 2 Thessalonians. Confront once again the things we need to remember about evil.
- Hebrews—Eighteen full-length, in-depth Bible studies on Hebrews. Investigate one of the most exalted descriptions of Jesus in all the New Testament.
- Jude—Seven full-length, in-depth Bible studies on Jude. Inspect in detail one of the least known books of the Bible.
The Notable Harbour Doctrine Collection includes the following Doctrine volumes:
- Doctrine 1:—Four full-length sermons on the Doctrine OF SALVATION including: The Need of Salvation, The Plan for Salvation, The Requirement of Salvation, and The Result of Salvation.
- Doctrine 3 New And Revised:—Ten full-length sermons on the Doctrine OF GOD including: The God of the Old Testament, The Old Testament God versus the New Testament God, God Reimagined, The Holiness of God, The Faithfulness of God, The Righteousness of God, The Love of God, The Self-Revelation of God, and The Hiddenness of God, and Why We Believe in God.
- Doctrine 5:—Five full-length sermons on the Doctrine OF MAN, including the Creation of Man, the Fall of Man, the Redemption of Man, the Response of Man, and the Destiny of Man.
- Doctrine 6 New and Revised: Twelve full-length sermons on the Doctrine OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, including: The Holy Spirit in Scripture, The Holy Spirit in History, Who is the Holy Spirit?, Work 1: The Holy Spirit and Unbelievers, Work 2: The Holy Spirit and Believers, Work 3: Moving Toward Christlikeness, The Gifts of the Spirit, The Fruit of the Spirit, What we do to the Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin, What About Tongues?, and A Final Look.
- Doctrine 7:—Four full-length sermons on the Doctrine OF REVELATION including: Meeting God at the Grand Canyon, God Became Flesh and Dwelled Among Us, The Word of God and the God of the Word, and The Bush Still Burns: God's Revelation through His Providence.
- Doctrine 8:—Seven full-length sermons on the Doctrine OF PRAYER including What is Prayer, Why We Don’t Pray, How Should We Pray, Conditions of Prayer, Why Our Prayers Are Not Answered, Why Should We Pray, and Intercessory Prayer.
- Doctrine 9:—Four full-length sermons on the Doctrine OF SIN including: The Origin of Sin, The Nature of Sin, The Consequences of Sin, and The Answer for Sin.
- Doctrine 10 New and Revised:—Ten full-length sermons on the Doctrine OF CHRIST, including: Introductory Questions, The Anticipation of Christ in the OLD TESTAMENT, The Incarnation of Christ, The Work of Christ, The Person of Christ, Understanding Salvation, The Resurrection of Christ, The Ascension of Christ, The Return of Christ, and Who is Jesus?
- Doctrine 11 New:—Four full-length sermons on the Doctrine OF THE CHURCH including: The Patter of the Church, The Practices of the Church, The Profile of the Church, and The Purpose of the Church.
About the Author
Brian became the Pastor of First Baptist Church of Richardson in April, 1990. He has been a pastor since 1965, having served in churches in Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, and Arkansas, as well as serving several churches in Texas.
Brian received his bachelor's degree from Baylor University, Magna Cum Laude, in 1966. He received his doctorate in theology from Baylor University in 1973. He and his wife, Jan, are the parents of four adult children and two grandchildren.
The Professor and Author
As a visiting professor at George W. Truett Theological Seminary in Waco, Texas for more than a decade, Brian influenced a whole generation of young church leaders. In addition to being a much sought-after speaker and conference leader in Texas as well as many other states, Dr. Harbour is a prolific writer having authored fifteen books including Living Joyfully, Living Obediently, Marriage in the Minister's Home, Living Abundantly and his newest book, Jesus the Storyteller and 17 Roadblocks on the Highway of Life and How To Get Around Them. He is a frequent contributor to other periodicals and sermon publications.
The Community Leader
Brian has been a member of the National Speakers Association for 15 years. He has also served as a Regent at Baylor University for 10 years and is currently on the System Board for the Baylor Health Care System of Dallas. He served two years as Chairman of the Executive Board of the Baptist General Convention of Texas. He is also a permanent contributing editor for Preaching.