- Honest examination of sexual addiction
- Shows how Jesus offers forgiveness and healing
- Real-life stories of individuals who struggle
- Twelve practical steps for recovery and accountability
- Deals honestly with pornography, fantasies, masturbation, adultery, prostitution, molestation, abuse and more
Our world is awash in sex. We are bombarded with it everywhere we turn--TV, newspapers and magazines, music, movies and the Internet. When this ever-present temptation mixes with human weaknesses and unmet needs, many get pulled into addiction to sexually sinful behavior. They may detest their own habits, but they can't seem to break free. Is there any hope?
Russell Willingham speaks from his own experience and that of the many he has counseled. His answer? "Yes! There is hope. Jesus offers forgiveness and healing."
True stories show how the principles in this book can be put into action. The essentials are spelled out in practical steps that can help people begin to break free. Willingham deals with such issues as:
- What all addicts have in common
- The hunt of the malnourished heart
- Where to find the courage to face the dark side
- Wrestling with shame and grace
- The healing effect of radical honesty
This realistic yet hopeful book offers a new way to see the world for every person who wants to understand and break free from sexual addiction.
About the Author
Russell Willingham is executive director of New Creation Ministries, based in Fresno, California. He counsels, leads groups and speaks nationwide on issues related to sexual addiction. He has presented workshops at several annual conferences of Exodus International, at the American Association of Christian Counselors World Conference (2001) and at the AACC Superconference on Sexuality (2002). He is also a participant in AACC's video curriculum on healthy sexuality. He is an ordained minister with the Assemblies of God International Fellowship and works under the supervision of Dr. Jonathan Olford, Ph.D. of the Link Care Counseling Center in Fresno, California.
Willingham doesn't mince words about sexual addiction. The powerful hope he shares is: Healing happens--even in men sexually defeated for years. This is a must read healing book for millions of trapped men.
It's my pleasure to recommend this volume to anyone who has felt hopeless, trapped and condemned by sexual addiction. You are holding the key to your freedom.