- Over 10,000 concise explanatory notes
- Comprehensive outlines and introductions for each book
- A harmony of the Gospels
- Originally published in 1978, Revised and expanded in 1995
- Named as the Master's Seminary's 850 Best Books for Biblical Expositors
"The Bible is the greatest of all books; to study it is the noblest of all pursuits; to understand it, the highest of all goals."—Charles C. Ryrie
A comprehensive single source for all Bible study needs, the Ryrie Study Bible includes detailed sections such as:
- A Synopsis of Bible Doctrine
- The Inspiration of the Bible
- Understanding the Bible
- How We Got Our Bible
- The Meaning and Blessings of Salvation
- Archeology and the Bible
- A Brief Survey of Church History
Charles Ryrie's years of study, teaching, and writing make him exceptionally qualified to help readers grasp the fundamental truths of Scripture. Every Ryrie Study Bible has unique features that continue to make it a bestseller.
Other Features Include:
- 10,000 concise explanatory notes
- In-text graphics including maps, charts, timelines, and diagrams
- Comprehensive book outlines in easy-to-read format
- Expanded topical index
- Extensive cross references
- Detailed introduction to each book
- Introduction to the Old and New Testament and the gospels
- Comprehensive concordance
- 16 full-color maps
- 8-page historical timeline
- Daily Bible reading
About the Author
Charles Caldwell Ryrie, born in 1925, graduated from Haverford College, B.A., Dallas Theological Seminary, Th.M., Th.D. and the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, Ph.D. He was ordained by the First Baptist Church in Alton, Illinois. He spent five years at Westmont College, first as a professor, later as the dean of men and chairman of Biblical studies and philosophy. For many years he served as professor of systematic theology and dean of doctoral studies at Dallas Theological Seminary and is now professor emeritus. In 1958 he became president and professor at Philadelphia College of Bible and currently acts as visiting professor. He is a premillennial dispensationalist, though irenic in his approach.H
Ryrie is the annotator of the Ryrie Study Bible, Expanded Edition and author of many books, including Balancing the Christian life, Basic Theology, and The Holy Spirit. In 1985, he was one of the recipients of the Gold Medallion Book Award from the ECPA. In 2009, FIBA honored Dr. Ryrie by presenting him with a plaque for his outstanding service to the Christian community around the world for the glory of God.
This book also available within the following bundle:
I've been a Ryrie fan since long before I knew him. Besides that he writes with grace and clarity for the layman, his deep insights never disappoint.
I use the Ryrie Study Bible every day. It has been my study Bible of choice since 1987.