- Part of the Andrew Telford Studies series
In this Bible study on 1 Timothy, Andrew Telford outlines How to Behave in the House of God. In particular, the book zeroes in on how the church should be organized and how leaders should be chosen according to Paul's instructions to Timothy. It follows this outline:
- Sound Doctrine - Doctrine Is Defended
- Sound Decorum - Duty Defined
- Sound Deacons - Divine Direction
- Sound Deportment - Danger Declared
- Sound Direction - Discipline Described
- Sound Deductions - Difficulties Discussed
About the Author
Dr. Andrew Telford (1895-1997) was a pastor, teacher, and writer of the Word of God. Many of his books were written at the request of believers who were encouraged by his preaching and desired to have his sermon points in written form.
Dr. Andrew Telford was a remarkable man of God. A review of his life and ministry will reveal his dedication to the Lord’s call, his demonstration of the Lord’s gifts, and his determination in the Lord’s service. Students of the Bible will benefit from his practical application of the Scriptures. Bible teachers will recognize his ability to formulate his thoughts. Preachers of the Word will appreciate his skill to alliterate his points. I commend his writings for your prayerful consideration.