- Introduction to the unique geography of the Holy Land, including terrain, trade routes, vegetation, and climate information
- Chronologically arranged, richly illustrated main map section, with a primary focus on Palestine
- Maps of the ancient Near East and the Greek and Roman worlds, showing political changes, the course of empires, and the expansion of the early Christian Church
- Detailed plans of the Holy City of Jerusalem, and reconstructions of other ancient cities, sites, battles, and buildings
- Detailed map of major archeological sites in Israel and Jordan
- Up-to-date maps of the Bible lands in the present day
- Timeline charts and gazetteer index provide valuable reference information for locating events in both time and place
The stories of the Bible come to life with this authoritative, richly illustrated atlas. Follow the Biblical narrative from the earliest ancestors of Israel to the founding of the early Christian church with easy-to-use maps, plans and lavish photographs and illustrations. Locate events in both time and place with a comprehensive timeline. Then see how the legendary cities and nations have evolved in the region as we now know it.