From the cradle to college, tell your sons the truth about life before they believe the culture's lies.
For parents with boys newborn to eighteen, 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Son will be as much a part of the boyhood journey as those Legos you're still finding under the sofa cushions and the garage full of sports equipment. Award-winning youth culture commentator Vicki Courtney helps moms and dads pinpoint and prepare the discussions that should be ongoing in a boy's formative years.
Fully addressing the dynamic social and spiritual issues and other influences at hand, several chapters are written for each of the conversations. These include:
- Don't define manhood by the culture's wimpy standards; it's okay to be a man!
- What you don't learn to conquer may become your master.
- Not everyone's doing it! (And other naked truths about sex you won't hear in the locker room.)
- Boyhood is only for a season. P.S. It's time to grow up!
- Godly men are in short supply-dare to become one!
The book also offers invaluable tips on having these conversations across the various stages of development: five and under, six to eleven, and twelve and up.
About the Author
Vicki Courtney is founder of Virtuous Reality Ministries, producing online content and hosting events across the United States for preteen and teen girls and their parents. She is the best-selling author of 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter and Your Girl: Raising a Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World as well as the ECPA Christian Book Award winners TeenVirtue and TeenVirtue Confidential. Vicki lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and their three children.