- A required Greek textbook for many seminaries and Bible colleges
For almost half a century, Essentials of New Testament Greek by Ray Summers has been a classic textbook and an essential tool for students of New Testament Greek. Now, Thomas Sawyer has updated this time-honored classic to make it even more effective for students of the next half century. Major features include:
- An expanded verb chart that is easier to read
- A step-by-step approach which guides students through the learning process
- Clear explanations of the Greek language and how it works
- Extensive appendices with paradigms, indexes, and verb list
- High-frequency Greek vocabulary which presents every word used 50 times or more in the New Testament
- Numerous examples from the Greek New Testament to illustrate grammatical points
Essentials of the New Testament Greek, Revised is an exceptional textbook for college and seminary students, an effective resource for ministers, and an efficient guide for self-study of New Testament Greek.
About the Authors
Ray Summers served as a professor of New Testament Greek at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, and Baylor University, where he was Chairman of the Religion Department.
Thomas Sawyer is Professor of Religion and Coordinator of the Religion and Philosophy Department at Mars Hill College. He is a graduate of Furman University (B.A.), Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (B.D.; Th.M.), and The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (Ph.D.).
Well organized and ideally suited for review purposes. Not intended to serve as a beginning grammar.