- More than 150 full-color photographs, maps, illustrations, and charts
- Introductions on each New Testament book, including background, outline, message, and theological significance
- Introductory chapters on how we got the New Testament, principles of interpretation, the intertestamental period, and the Synoptic Problem
- Sidebars focusing on significant topics and Greek word studies for English readers
- Study questions and recommended further reading
From the Gospels to Christ's Glorious Return. The Essence of the New Testament surveys the books from Matthew to Revelation. Based on decades of scholarly research and classroom teaching, a team of biblical scholars from Liberty University provides a practical, readable, and insightful introduction to the second major division of the Christian biblical canon.
Editors Elmer Towns and Ben Gutierrez draw from their lives as teachers to provide a well-tested and proven New Testament overview written at the collegiate level, yet appropriate for pastors, scholars, and laymen alike. They represent the finest evangelical scholarship along with a passion to open windows of spiritual and practical insight into the biblical text.
This exciting new survey of the Scriptures highlights the key elements of the New Testament. The history and wisdom of the biblical world are revealed with an eye on the application of their moral principles, theological insights, and practical application to today's world.
About the Authors
Elmer L. Towns (D. Min., Fuller Theological Seminary) is cofounder of Liberty University, distinguished professor of Systematic Theology, and dean of the School of Religion at Liberty University and Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of more than 170 books, has contributed articles to more than ten encyclopedias, and has published widely both popular and scholarly articles.
Ben Gutierrez (Ph.D., Regent University) is professor of Religion and administrative dean for Undergraduate Programs at Liberty University. He is the coauthor of Learn How to Read New Testament Greek Workbook and Ministry Is: How to Serve Jesus with Passion and Confidence (B&H Academic)