- A thorough, verse-by-verse analysis
- Insightful and technical aimed at the serious Bible scholar
- Great for the pastor or serious Bible student
- Vast in scope, eventually to total 42 volumes
- Over 40 scholars worked on the complete set
- Named by the R. C. Ryan Center for Biblical Studies as one of the Best Tools for Preaching and Teaching
The New American Commentary Series
In development for over a decade, The New American Commentary series is for those who have been seeking a commentary that honors the Scriptures, represents the finest in contemporary evangelical scholarship and lends itself to practical work of preaching and teaching. This comprehensive series serves as a minister's friend and a Bible student's guide.
The New American Commentary is based on the inerrancy of Scripture, focuses on the intrinsic theological and exegetical concerns of each Biblical book, and engages the range of issues raised in contemporary Biblical scholarship. Drawing on the skills and insight of over forty Bible scholars, the New American Commentary brings together scholarship and piety to produce a tool that enhances and supports the life of the church.
About the Author