The best-selling Denominations Comparison pamphlet contains a side-by-side comparison of what 12 Christian denominations believe about God, the Trinity, Jesus, and other spiritual issues. This easy-to-read pamphlet summarizes the beliefs of the different denominations on key topics and includes a "Family Tree of Denominations" which reveals the roots of today's denominations. Denominations Comparison includes a look at: Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican, Presbyterian, Methodist, Anabaptist, Congregational, Baptist, Presbyterian, Churches of Christ, Adventist, and Pentecostal churches.
Each denomination believes in the deity of Christ and the importance of Scripture, so how are the groups different? The Denominations Comparison shows what denominations have in common as well as where they differ. The Denominations Comparison pamphlet compares 12 denominations on 11 different topics, such as:
- When it was founded and by whom
- The number of adherents in 2000
- How Scripture is viewed
- Who God is
- Who Jesus is
- How individuals are saved
- What happens after death
- The definition of the Church
- How each looks at the Sacraments
- Other practices and beliefs
- The major divisions and trends today.
The Denominations Comparison pamphlet is an excellent source for pastors and teachers who want to present denominational beliefs in a concise and focused manner. The full color pamphlet organizes the denominations comparisons in the order in which they came to be, first covering the six liturgical denominations followed by the six non-liturgical denominations.
The Liturgical Churches compared are:
- Lutheran (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America; The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod)
- Anglican (Episcopal Church; Reformed Episcopal Church)
- Presbyterian (The Presbyterian Church (USA) or PCUSA; The Presbyterian Church in America or PCA)
- Methodist Churches (United Methodists Church; African Methodist Episcopal; Free Methodists)
The Non-Liturgical Churches compared are:
In addition to the side-side comparison of the 12 Christian denominations, the Denominations Comparison pamphlet contains a list of 42 "Helpful Words to Know" for studying denominational differences. This list defines words such as: Anabaptist, apocrypha, canon, Eucharist, incarnate, pope, predestination, and puritan.