Here is the story of Jesus' birth and the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies in a beautiful pamphlet that can be used as a handout at Christmas and as a Bible study to use during Advent. Using traditional wording from Matthew and Luke's Gospels, and beautiful full-color art, this pamphlet starts with the angelic announcement of John the Baptist's birth and the angel Gabriel's visit to Mary. It continues with Mary and Joseph traveling to Nazareth, the birth of Jesus, and the visitation of the shepherds and the Wise Men. It ends with the Gospel story and a forward look toward Christ's second coming. This beautiful pamphlet will be treasured.Contains suggestions for Advent celebrations and traditional suggested readings; also includes suggestions for using the pamphlet as a Christmas program script.
For an Advent or Christmas program, use panels 1-11 as a dramatic reading. See suggestions below for using only a few or several performers.
- Three readers (narrator, Old Testament reader, New Testament reader)
- Congregation sings carols where marked
- Any number of readers (narrator, plus several Old & New Testament readers)
- Place Old Testament readers on one side of stage or one balcony; place New Testament readers opposite
- Children or adults may perform a silent pageant or tableau of the actions during the readings
- Carols may be performed by a soloist, choir or children's group