Get WORDsearch Basic for free.
John MacArthur brings you a complete Bible commentary in one volume. The MacArthur Bible Commentary treats every passage of the Old and New Testaments phrase by phrase, with hundreds of word studies as sidebars throughout. It offers a broad overview of each Bible book and the internal consistency that results from having a single commentator. It includes:
- A general introduction to each major division of the Bible
- A short introduction covering author, date, time, and setting for each book of the Bible
- Each introduction also includes discussion of God's character, how Christ is seen, key doctrines, key words, key people, and key Scripture passages that represent the "core theme" of each book of the Bible
- A harmony of the historical books of 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings, and 1 and 2 Chronicles
- A harmony of the Gospels
- Articles providing an overview of theology, the ministry of Jesus, the ministry of the apostles, and the progress of revelation
- Cross-referecnes to The MacArthur Bible Handbook as an alternate source for more in-depth treatment
Bible students who have appreciated John MacArthur's faithfulness to Scripture will find here a volume to be used and treasured.
About the Author
John MacArthur, Jr. pastors Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, and serves as President of the Master's College and Seminary. A well-known Bible expositor and conference speaker, he has written over 150 books. He is also the Bible teacher on "Grace to You", an international radio broadcast. He and his wife Patricia live in Southern California and have 4 grown children and eleven grandchildren.