- A place to turn for answers to your spiritual questions or practical dilemmas
- Offers insight into developing discipline, speaking truth and strengthening relationships
- Equips you to think and act out of godly wisdom
- Resources for growth in a key area of discipleship
- Focuses on the application of biblical lessons in everyday life
- Based on Making Life Work by Bill Hybels
- Includes six sessions
- Can be used by individuals or groups
- Includes the NIV text
- Features background notes and guidelines for group leaders
- Designed to stand alone (it is not necessary to read the book on which this study is based)
Most people spend their lives relying on that latest information--scientific research, opinion polls, advice columns, how-to articles, speeches by government officials, breaking news reports, and much more.
But sometimes mere knowledge isn't enough.
When you're stuck--when you don't know where to turn for answers to your spiritual questions or practical dilemmas, the Bible offers what you need most: wisdom.
In this Christian Basics Bible Study, based on the book of Proverbs and Making Life Work by Bill Hybels, you will gain revolutionary insight into developing discipline, speaking truth and strengthening relationships. You will be equipped to think and act out of godly wisdom--in times of crisis and in daily life.
The Christian Basic Bible Studies are designed for use by individuals or groups, and are based on bestselling InterVarsity Press books. The NIV text is included for each study, along with background notes and guidelines for group leaders. (You won't need to refer to the book from which the study is drawn in order to get the most out of the study.)
Focusing on the application of Scripture to real life and covering topics basic to Christian discipleship, Christian Basics Bible Studies are an excellent resource for new believers, high-school and college groups, and Sunday school classes. They will be appreciated as well by all who want to delve deeper into the issues raised by the influential books on which the study guides are based.
About the Author
Bill Hybels is founding and senior pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in the Chicago suburbs, where over 15,000 attend each weekend. He has written a number of books, including Honest to God, Becoming a Contagious Christian, Making Life Work, Too Busy Not to Pray, Just Walk Across the Room, Holy Discontent, Courageous Leadership and Who You Are When No One's Looking.