- Engages your mind and your heart
- Offers you a fresh perspective on Jesus
- Focuses on how Jesus works in your life
- Provides opportunities to connect your story with Jesus' story
- Highlights ideas for taking the "next step" in your journey with Jesus
- Includes quotes and questions to get you thinking
- Employs the inductive method of Bible study
- Designed by small group expert Bill Donahue
- Appropriate for groups of Christians and seekers
Here is a series of Bible studies that will engage your mind and your heart.
Each study session in the eight guides that make up the Jesus 101 Bible Study Series offers you a fresh perspective on who Jesus is, how he related to the people around him and how he interacts with you today. You'll discover how Jesus fulfills your deepest needs and desires. And you'll fall in love with him--for the first time or all over again.
This series is designed by small group expert Bill Donahue. Each session includes quotes and questions to get you thinking, an inductive Bible study, an opportunity to connect your story with Jesus' story, and ideas for taking the "next step" in your journey with Jesus. A companion book, In the Company of Jesus enhances your experience of Jesus by describing how men and women in Scripture encountered him as friend, teacher, revealer and forgiver.
About the Authors
Bill Donahue (Ph.D., University of North Texas) is founder and lead strategist for The Communitas Network, which coaches and equips catalytic leaders to build transformational teams for the purpose of mobilizing missional communities. He also serves as an adjunct teacher at a number of seminaries, training both master's and doctoral students in church leadership and small group ministry.
He previously served as executive director of small group ministries for the Willow Creek Association (WCA), where he developed leadership strategies and training events for over 2500 volunteers. He has also worked as an associate pastor in Texas and Pennsylvania, and at Proctor & Gamble and PNC Financial Corporation.
He is the author of Leading Life-Changing Small Groups and coauthor of Building a Church of Small Groups, The 7 Deadly Sins of Small Group Ministry and Walking the Small Group Tightrope (all with Russ Robinson). With Greg Bowman he is the author of Coaching Life-Changing Leaders. He has also written In the Company of Jesus and the Jesus 101 small group study series (with Keri Wyatt Kent).
Keri Wyatt Kent is the author of God's Whisper in a Mother's Chaos (IVP, 2000), The Garden of the Soul (IVP, 2002) and Breathe (Revell, 2005). She has coauthored several books and Bible studies, including Courageous Faith Through the Year (with Bill Hybels, IVP, 2004).
Her writing and teaching ministry is focused on guiding others toward a deeper and more authentic relationship with Christ. A former newspaper reporter, she has been writing professionally for more than twenty years. She lives with her family in Illinois.
- Jesus 101 Bible Study Series - Authentic Leader
- Jesus 101 Bible Study Series - Compassionate Healer
- Jesus 101 Bible Study Series - Extreme Forgiver
- Jesus 101 Bible Study Series - Provocative Teacher
- Jesus 101 Bible Study Series - Relentless Lover
- Jesus 101 Bible Study Series - Sacred Friend
- Jesus 101 Bible Study Series - Supreme Conqueror
- Jesus 101 Bible Study Series - Truthful Revealer
- In the Company of Jesus : Finding Unconventional Wisdom and Unexpected Hope
Nothing in this life . . . is worth more than the quest to ponder Jesus. Bill Donahue offers us one of the finest guides in print to accompany us on this journey.