- Includes N.T. Wright’s own translation of the New Testament
- Written to be understood by scholars and laypeople alike
- Ideal for Bible study, personal devotion, and teaching
- Glossary of power words included
- Includes both the Old Testament for Everyone and the New Testament for Everyone
The New Testament for Everyone
If you preach, teach, or love new discoveries in God’s Word, the New Testament for Everyone is going to be one of your favorites. Written by Dr. N.T. Wright, who is recognized as one of the world’s leading Bible scholars, this commentary covers the entire New Testament.
Wright notes that when the disciple Peter first publicly told people about Jesus, it was very clear that the gospel is for everyone. He also describes the New Testament as letters and stories about Jesus that were circulated for everyone who wanted to read or hear. With that in mind, Wright wrote this accurate and inspiring commentary not just for scholars, but as a ministry tool that can be used by everyone.
Dr. Wright's New Testament for Everyone includes:
- A Fresh Translation - Wright precedes each commentary with his own personal translation of each text. It’s fascinating to read how Wright chose to bring each word and phrase into the English language. It's obvious he has carefully weighed his choice of words against many other translations, and he often explains why he chose one word over another.
- Inspiring Commentary - Relevant to our world today, with important core truths that are easy to teach and pass on to others.
- Teachable Applications - Wright does more than explain what the Bible says and means. He always applies it, and he makes it obvious what action God expects in response to the lessons.
- Power Words - As a way to deliver depth to highly-educated scholars but also keep it understandable to everyone else, Wright built in a huge glossary of power words. He never avoids language issues, he just puts them where they aren’t in the way. In Wordsearch, they each appear in bold with a little icon next to it. Click on the icon and you’ll go to a deeper study of that word. Even these word studies are written in a way that are easy to grasp.
The Old Testament for Everyone
The Old Testament for Everyone was aptly titled; the gospel message is for everyone. Respected theologian Dr. John Goldingay explains familiar and obscure passages of the Bible in a style that is easy to read, understand, and apply. You’ll find wisdom that can be used in lessons, sermons, and for ministering to others.
Scholarship That Is Hidden in Plain Sight
A companion to the New Testament for Everyone by Dr. N.T. Wright, this work includes fresh translation, inspiring commentary, and teachable applications. What makes both of these sets stand apart from other scholarly works is that they are written for anyone who loves to preach, teach, or find new discoveries in God’s Word.
Fun and Refreshing to Read
The style of writing is so refreshing, it's fun to read. You'll find yourself setting out to study one particular text, and it's so engaging you'll just keep going to the next section and the next. The Old and New Testament for Everyone is an accessible, concise, and accurate commentary.
About the Authors
N. T. Wright is the Chair in New Testament and Early Christianity at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland. He is the former Bishop of Durham in the Church of England and is a prolific author and noted New Testament scholar.
John Goldingay is David Allan Hubbard Professor of Old Testament at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. An internationally respected Old Testament scholar, Goldingay is the author of many commentaries and books.
Goldingay brings to the task his great learning, his deep passion for faith, his informed imagination, and his attentiveness to contemporary life.
This series truly is for everyone who wants to grow in his or her understanding of the Old Testament.
Goldingay writes for everyone as a master teacher, pastor, and friend.