- Covers most of the Old Testament and all of the New Testament
- 372 studies
- Extensive commentary, probing questions, and detailed observations
The MacArthur Bible Studies provide intriguing examinations of Scripture. Each guide incorporates extensive commentary, detailed observations on overriding themes, and probing questions to help you study the Word of God with guidance from John MacArthur.
Covering most of the Old Testament and all of the New Testament, each volume includes 12 studies. Through the series, MacArthur takes you through the Bible passage-by-passage, and, in total, this bundle of 31 volumes has 372 studies.
MacArthur sets you up with the information you'll need to keep in mind for the in-depth studies that follow by starting with an introduction that provides the author and date, background and setting, historical and theological themes, and interpretive challenges.
Each of the studies includes these sections:
- Drawing Near: Questions to think about as you study on your own or to ask the group you are leading
- Context: Explains the background and themes of the passage
- Keys to the Text: A few words/terms that are important to the passage
- Unleashing the Text: Includes the passage's text broken up with commentary, definitions, and cross-references (that are all hyperlinked); this is like reading the verses with the commentary built in
- Going Deeper: More passages that relate to the study if you want to learn more
- Exploring the Meaning: Questions that go deeper into what you just learned and are based on the reading
- Truth for Today: An application that is relevant to today’s world
- Reflecting on the Text and Personal Response: More questions to make you think and keep in mind throughout the day
The MacArthur Bible Studies in Wordsearch
The MacArthur Bible Studies are also Lessonmaker compatible, making it even easier to create lessons in Wordsearch. These studies are great to use for creating sermon series or an in-depth class, as well as for personal study. With all the provided questions, you can have the Word Processor open alongside the series to write down your thoughts and reflections. These notes could turn into a sermons or lessons.
About the Author
John MacArthur, Jr. pastors Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, and serves as President of the Master's College and Seminary. A well-known Bible expositor and conference speaker, he has written numerous books. He is also the Bible teacher on "Grace to You", an international radio broadcast.