Wordsearch Android App FAQ
HINT: To quickly find a word, an error or a topic in this FAQ page,...
- Press your "Ctrl" key and your "F" key at the same time. This will open a "Find" window in your browser.
- Type in a word then press the "Enter" key. Your browser will go to that word and even highlight the word where it appears on this page.
What is the Android app? What does it do?
The Wordsearch Bible Android app is an app designed to help you access and read the books in your Wordsearch Bible account as well as the books in your LifeWay account.
Below is a brief list of its main features:
- Read the books from your Wordsearch Bible account
- Read the books from your LifeWay account
- Create bookmarks, highlights, and notes anywhere in your books
- Search downloaded books for a word
- Scroll through your books or swipe to give you a paging experience
- You can tap on a Bible reference in a book and instantly read the verse or jump to your Default Bible at that same verse
To see some pictures of our Android app, click on this link below:
How do I get the Android app? Where do I get it? How do I install it?
- On your Android device, tap on the "Play Store" icon. (You can also open a browser and go to play.google.com/store)
- Do a search for the words Wordsearch Bible
- Find our app then tap on it
- Tap on the "Install" button to download/install it
What are the installation requirements?
- You must be signed into a Google account in order to download our app from the Google Play store.
- Your Android device must have at least operating system version 5.1 (aka. Lollipop 5.1) and no higher than version 6.x (Marshmallow).
*NOTE:* The App will install to 7.0 (Nougat) but some features will not work properly. This will be resolved soon.
How do I find out what version of Android I have?
- 1. Tap on your device’s Home button to display all your app icons
- Tap on the Settings icon
- Tap on About device or About tablet
- Look for Android version
How do I get my books?
- Open the Wordsearch Bible App
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner (If your device is a Samsung phone or tablet, tap on the Menu button usually located on the bottom left of the device.)
- Tap on Accounts
- Sign in with your Lifeway ID
- Tap on Accounts again and then sign in with your Wordsearch Bible ID.
It’s asking me to sign in with my LifeWay ID or Register for a LifeWay ID. What does that mean? What is my LifeWay ID?
- Your LifeWay ID is like your WordsearchBible ID but it helps you get your LifeWay.com ebooks. If you don't own any LifeWay.com ebooks, this is still a requirement to help you get your Wordsearch Bible resources.
- If you are not sure if you have a LifeWay ID, tap on Register for LifeWay ID.
"Email address already exists."
This error occurs when you try to Register for a LifeWay ID but you already have a LifeWay ID.
Close the error message, come back to the option to Login or Register, then, tap on Login with LifeWay ID.
If you do not remember your LifeWay ID or password, call LifeWay at 1-866-627-8553, Option 1.
"Wordsearch Link unsuccessful"
I get this error when I Login with my Wordsearch ID”
This error occurs when the operating system on your Android device is too old and does not meet our system requirements. Your Android device must be running at least version 5.1, aka., Lollipop.
Why is it taking so long for the app to start up?
This problem can be caused by one, or both of the following:
- You have a large library
- Your internet is slow
How do I open a book?
Look for your book, then, tap on its cover.
How do I find a particular book?
Tap on the magnifying glass icon on the top toolbar.
- Tap on the magnifying glass
- Tap on "Title / Author Search"
- Tap in the title or author’s name of the book you are looking for
You can also tap on the "Category" button in the middle of the top toolbar.
- If the Category button says "All Products", your entire library will be in alphabetical order. Scroll through this list to find that particular book.
- If you tap on the "Category" button, a drop down menu will display a list of your categories. Tap on a category in the drop down list and you get the books in that category. Look for that particular book in that list.
Can I access my books off-line?
Yes, but only if you download the books.
To download a book, tap on the "i" that appears to the right of the book cover, then, tap on the "Download" button.
Can I download all my books all at once? Or do I have to download each one, one book at a time?
You have to download each book, one book at a time.
Why do some of my book covers say "No Image Available?"
We are still working on the book covers. When the covers are finished, they will automatically download.
How do I turn pages in my books? How to I go from Genesis to Revelation in a Bible? How do I go from one chapter to another chapter in a book?
- Swipe up or down
- Swipe left or right
- Use the Table of Contents feature
The Table of Contents icon will appear on the top toolbar when you open a book.
It will be at the upper right corner of the top toolbar It looks like a column of three dots next to a column of three bars.
If you do not see the TOC icon, or the top toolbar, double tap in the open book.
Can I get two books side by side?
No. At present, the app is just a basic reader and can only open 1 book at a time. We are, however, working on enhancements all the time, so, keep your eyes open for updates and download them when they appear.
How do I highlight text?
- Do a long press (2 seconds) on a word in an open book. (This will show the Options bar above the open book and produce "selecting bars" around the text you pressed on.)
- Drag your selecting bars to cover the text you want to highlight
- Tap the Highlighter icon. (The Highlighter icon looks like a sharpie or pen.)
- Tap on a colored square in top right corner of the Options bar
How do I copy text?
Follow the steps below:
- Do a long press (2 seconds) on a word in the open book. (This will display the Options bar above the open book.)
- Drag your “selecting bars” to cover / highlight the text you want to copy
- Tap the Copy icon on the Options bar above the book. (The Copy icon looks like 2 squares.)
How do I bookmark a page?
- Do a long press (2 seconds) on a word in the open book. (This will display the Options bar above the open book.
- Tap on the Bookmark icon in the Options bar (The Bookmark icon looks like a ribbon.)
- Enter notes for your bookmark or just tap on Save to save your bookmark.
How do I make a note?
Follow the steps below:
- Do a long press (2 seconds) on a word in an open book. (This will display the Options bar above the open book.)
- Tap on the Note icon. (The Note icon looks like a big square.)
(This will display the Notes window and your keyboard.)
- Type in your note.
- Tap on the "Save" button at the upper right corner of the notes window to save your note.
- A small Notes icon will appear next to the word where you saved the Note
"Your app abruptly shuts down on me when I want to Highlight text or make a note or Copy text or use any of the long tap feature options."
This error occurs when the operating system on your Android device is running OS version 7.0 or higher.
Our app is not 100% compatible with the Android OS 7.0 or higher but we are working to make it 100% compatible.
Keep downloading our updates as they come out to ensure you get the fix when it is available.
How do I delete a book?
- Go to the “All Products” page
- Tap on the letter “I” that appears at the right of the book cover
- Tap on Archive
How do I add books to my Library?
After you buy a book from us, they automatically show up in your library, if the book is available for our app.
(NOTE: Not all of our books are currently available. To find out if a book is available for our app, please refer to the book on our website.)
How do I Sync my Library?
- Go to the "All Products" page
- Tap on the three squares at the right side of the top toolbar (If you have a Samsung device, tap on the menu button at the bottom left of your device.)
- Tap on "Sync Library"
Why is it taking so long for my new book(s) to show up?
Your internet connection may be slow. Try to improve your internet connection.
Your book may not yet be available for the Android app. To find out if a book is available for our app, please refer to the book on our website, or, contact our Sales/ Customer Service Department.
Our Sales / Customer Service Department can be reached at 1-800-888-9898 from 8 AM to 8 PM (CT) Monday through Friday, and from 10 AM to 5 PM (CT) on Saturday. Their email address is WordsearchSales@LifeWay.com.
New: You can now chat live with a Sales / Customer Service representative. Look in the lower right corner of this screen for our "chat" box.